When talking about prestigious schools in the world, Harvard can’t be sidelined. The learning environments and learning facilities are things that will definitely attract the eyes of international students. As an international student looking to further your education In the United States, Harvard is definitely one of the universities you should consider. While the school is eye-catching, it’s not that easy to gain entry.
One of the difficulties of an international student looking to gain admission into Harvard is the tuition fees, traveling allowance, feeding allowance and probably you will need a place to stay. We know some international students really have a great desire to pursue their academic dreams at Harvard, but their financial support might not be enough.
If you are here, then you need more information about the Harvard Scholarship for international students requirements, how to apply and to know whether the scholarship is available or not. Don’t worry your questions will be answered very soon.
With the survey carried out by my team and I, we estimated that the total cost of attendance for an international student is about $70,000 every year, but with the scholarship grants, you won’t have to worry About this hindrance. Moving forward, we will be giving you the various types of scholarships available for international students looking to study at Harvard.
Types Of Scholarship For Harvard University International Students
- Harvard-Radcliffe Fellowships: This scholarship provides full financial support which include tuition fees, and living expenses. However it’s only available for outstanding students looking to put in for graduate studies at Harvard. You will need to prove you are worthy of the Scholarship by achieving outstanding academic performances.
- Harvard Academy Scholars Program: This scholarship doesn’t particularly cover all your bills, however you will be granted a two year stipend of $75,000 with health insurance. And it’s only available for postdoctoral research students in the social sciences.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships: The Aga Khan Foundation offers scholarships, provides financial support, mentorship support and also gives you opportunities to develop yourself. However it’s only available for outstanding students from developing countries. It doesn’t matter which field you will be applying for.
- Organization of American States Scholarship Program: This scholarship is not for all international students but only for Latin America and the Caribbean students pursuing graduate studies in Harvard university. Not only will the scholarship board provide financial support for the candidate, they will also provide a language training and cultural immersion opportunity for them.
- Fulbright Scholarships: This is one of the most competitive scholarships in Harvard. Not only does it provide financial aid to students, teachers and professionals are not exempted. It gives opportunities for students and teachers to study, teach, and conduct research abroad. This scholarship is for everybody from any part of the world who is looking to study at Harvard. And yes you need to have an outstanding educational achievement.
How To Apply For Harvard University Scholarships
To be qualified for this scholarship, you will be required to provide some documents and fill some forms. However the process is not that different from the regular undergraduate application. You will need to submit the following:
- An application form
- An essay about your personal self
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- SAT or ACT scores results
- TOEFL or IELTS scores results
Here are some additional tips for applying for Harvard University scholarships:
The application process is tight and competitive so you have to start early so as to gain a high success rate.
Make sure you have carefully arranged your documents and don’t forget to keep track of the deadline.
Check online and seek for help , the more information you can gather the less confused you will be.
Since you will be conducting a physical interview you will need to be yourself as the admission board members will ask you a series of questions to know more about you.
Harvard University is one of the options to consider for international students who are looking to further their education in the US. The university provides a variety of scholarships which can fully cater for your financial aid to help students who can’t afford their education.