Are you looking to further your education in the UK, and you are in need of financial assistance? Don’t worry you are in the right place. Although we won’t be providing you with any aid whatsoever, my team and I have prepared this content to thoroughly enlighten you more about the UK Scholarship available for international students.
With these scholarships, you don’t have to seek financial aid from loan sectors. These scholarships will cover your tuition fee, feeding allowance and maybe health insurance. Don’t worry this content will definitely cover all that aspect.
By giving you information About the scholarship you can apply for as an international student looking to study in the UK doesn’t mean we have the capability to grant you the scholarship. We are only here to give you information like types of scholarships you can apply for, the requirements, and how to apply.
However whether you receive the scholarship or not depends on your hard work and academic performances. The United Kingdom is no doubt a popular destination for international students, with more than 20 prestigious universities, a vibrant culture, and a variety of scholarships it’s no surprise that foreigners are looking to further their education there.
Types Of International Students Scholarship In The UK
Some of the most popular international scholarships include:
- Chevening Scholarships: The Chevening Scholarships are sponsored by the UK government, and it’s only available to outstanding students from developing countries looking to further their education to the master degree in the UK.
- Commonwealth Scholarships: The Commonwealth Scholarships are only awarded to students from Commonwealth countries and those who are interested in studying in the UK. Unlike Chevening scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships are available for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies.
- Marshall Scholarships: The Marshall Scholarships is only available for US students looking to study in the UK, obviously you need to be outstanding in your academic performance before you can qualify. The scholarship comes with bonuses like tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships: although This scholarship is not applicable for everybody, it’s for outstanding students from all over the world, and also for students looking to pursue a PhD in any subject at the University of Cambridge. Gates Cambridge Scholarships are fully funded and cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
Before we proceed to the last section of this content, let’s quickly answer some of our readers’ frequently asked questions.
What are the eligibility requirements for scholarships for international students in the UK?
Before you can be eligible or qualified for a scholarship, you need to know the requirements. Requirements typically varies with the type of scholarship you are applying for so it won’t be easy for us to fully speculate what you need to do before you can qualify for a particular scholarship, however we will be giving you the most common requirements needed to be eligible for international students scholarships in the UK.
- Academic achievement
- Leadership potential
- Commitment to public service
- Financial need
- Subject of study
How To Apply For International Students Scholarship In UK
When applying for international students scholarships, you need to check the requirements and what type of scholarship it is before applying. Also don’t forget to check the deadline for submitting applications.Then you can proceed by taking the following actions.
- Check online websites to see available scholarships.
- Register and fill the online application form to see if you are eligible or not.
- If you use your Gmail, a confirmation mail will be sent to you. Open it and follow the steps.
- Write and compose a unique personal statement in the form of an essay. First impressions matter a lot so I advise you to give it your all.
- Submit proof of your past academic certificates and awards. Some scholarships tend to require proof of working at a part time job as well. Or perhaps include evidence of nationality.
- Process and apply for admission to the school of your choice and then Submit your acceptance letter if you have successfully been accepted to the school
- Finally be certain you crosscheck all your documents and make sure you are not mistaking the required documents and forms before submitting it.
When applying for scholarships, you need to be ready to face what is upfront as it’s a very competitive process, after you have been awarded the scholarship, you won’t have to worry about your financial situation anymore.