With the best universities in the country, it’s no surprise that many international students are looking to further their educational journey in Canada. Although some of these universities might not be price friendly, that doesn’t mean you should give up on your dream of trying to study there. Things might not be easy for international students looking to travel there to pursue their academic career, the traveling cost, tuition fees, health insurance and all other related fees might not be bearable for them.
However the Canada government and some private sectors know about this and that’s why they have introduced scholarships. With a scholarship, you don’t have to worry about the bulky fees you need to pay, the scholarship board will cater for your financial needs and this will give you more time to study.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with two main campuses located in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1878, UBC is one of the largest and most comprehensive universities in Canada, and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. Before you can be eligible for a scholarship, you need to meet some certain requirements.
They might conduct an exam for you to test your efficiency or consider your past school results and certificates. Sadly we can’t fully speculate the requirements they might ask you, so we will be giving the most common requirements needed. No fear, we will also give you hints on how to apply for these scholarships.
University Of British Columbia Scholarships For International Students
The university offers different varieties of scholarships for international students, but we will only be giving you information about some of them. Check below for more information.
- International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES): These scholarships are only available to students looking to study an undergraduate program in UBC. Only international students with outstanding academic performances are eligible. You can renew the scholarships for up to three additional years of study.
- Outstanding International Student Award (OIS): This award is a one-time award that can only be won by the most outstanding student that is willing to gain entry into UBC.
- International Scholars Program: This program provides full funding to outstanding international students who need financial assistance.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: These scholarships are only awarded to students who exhibit outstanding performance and are from Canadian and also international doctoral students
- Mitacs Globalink Research Internships: These internships sponsor international students with everything they need to conduct research at a Canadian university.
How To Apply For University Of British Columbia International Students Scholarship
We can’t actually tell you the application process for British scholarships as not all scholarships have the same requirements and the same application steps. You can simply check the UBC page for more information. apply for most of these scholarships online. However, below are the most common required documents and forms.
- Submit a completed application form
- Compose a good personal statement
- Submit your academic transcripts to the scholarship board
- Your letters of recommendation might be needed
- Test scores (if applicable)
- The application deadline for most scholarships is in December or January so be prepared.
If you think you won’t be able to meet up with the scholarship requirements, you can simply apply for other financial assistance programs such as:
The Canadian government grants loans to international students who are studying at a Canadian university.
UBC offers work-study programs that allow students to earn money to cater for themselves while they are studying.
Some departments at UBC offer tuition waivers to international students . However you will have to meet certain criteria to be eligible.
With the UBC scholarship for International Students, you won’t have to worry about being unable to afford to travel to the university of British Columbia to study again as these scholarships will cater for all your financial needs. I hope this was helpful enough.