With the daily increase of fast food chains in Canada, the employment rate of restaurant workers has skyrocketed. Whether you are a Canadian citizen or not, you can apply to any of these restaurants and you will be employed if you meet up with their requirements.
However we know you must have heard about the restaurant employment rate and you are also looking to apply but it’s either you don’t know how to go about it or you are not sure whether it’s beneficial or not. Nevertheless we have prepared this content as a means of clearing any confusions you have.
Canada is one of the places foreigners go in search of greener pastures. With Canada’s booming economy, it’s no surprise that foreigners are flooding the country. Not only does the country have countless employment openings, their immigration policies are also favorable.
The Canadian government offers a number of programs that can help foreign workers get a visa to work in the restaurant industry, including the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Now let’s proceed to giving you the steps to follow if you want to apply for a restaurant job in Canada.
How To Find And Apply For A Restaurant Job In Canada With Free Visa Sponsorship
- Find a job offer from a Canadian restaurant.
- Apply for a visa through the TFWP or PNP.
- Meet the requirements for the visa, such as having a valid passport and a medical exam.
- Pay the visa application fees.
- Fix an interview with a Canadian immigration officer so as for the. To explain some certain things to you.
Other Step Involve To Get Restaurant Job In Canada
Visit The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
This program is created purposely for Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill non permanent labor shortages. To qualify for the TFWP, the employer must first prove that they have been unable to find a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position. The employer must also offer the foreign worker the same wages and working conditions as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
The PNP is a program that allows Canadian provinces and territories to nominate foreign workers for permanent residency. To qualify for the PNP, the foreign worker must have a job offer from a Canadian employer in the province or territory that they are nominating them for. The employer must also meet certain requirements, such as being able to pay the foreign worker the prevailing wage for the position.
Types of Restaurant Jobs in Canada
There are a variety of restaurant jobs available in Canada, from entry-level positions like dishwasher and food prep cook to more specialized roles like chef and restaurant manager. Some of the most common restaurant jobs in Canada include:
- Dishwasher: Your work as a Dishwasher is to wash dishes, pots, and pans. They typically work in the back of the house and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Food prep cook: Food prep cooks prepare ingredients for dishes. They typically have a high school diploma or equivalent and some experience in the kitchen.
- Line cook: Line cooks cook food to order. They typically have some experience in the kitchen and a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Sous chef: Sous chefs are responsible for assisting the chef in the kitchen. They typically have some experience as a line cook and a culinary diploma or degree.
- Chef: Chefs are responsible for the overall operation of the kitchen. They typically have a culinary diploma or degree and several years of experience in the restaurant industry.
- Restaurant manager: The Restaurant manager is an individual that oversees the operation of the restaurant. They typically have a bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a related field and several years of experience in the restaurant industry.
Apply Now : Laundry Attendant Jobs In Canada
You can check online websites like Indeed for restaurant jobs in Canada, or look up on social platforms like LinkedIn or Facebook. If you have any questions concerning this content, please do not hesitate to ask us.