With the world’s current state, it’s no surprise that people are investing more in security than ever. People are employing personal security guards, office guards and even gate guards. Due to these, security vacancies have increased over the years. Although Canada is categorized as one of the most peaceful countries, security vacancies are still available.
If you are interested in working as a security personnel in Canada but you also need the job to come with a free visa sponsorship, but you are not sure how to go about it. Worry no more as the answer you are looking for is right here.
It’s no lie to say Canada is one of the most welcoming countries for immigrants, their hospitality knows no bounds. Because of this, many foreigners choose to go there in search of greener pastures. The employers over there are ready to employ foreigners and some are even willing to sponsor their Visa.
Without wasting too much of your time, let’s quickly give you some important details on how to apply for a Security job in Canada.
Types Of Security Jobs In Canada
There are many Security job selections in Canada that you can choose from. You only have to select the most suitable choice for you and apply. But you must know that each of these jobs has their own requirements. Some of the most common types of security jobs in Canada includes:
- Security guards: The main job of security guards is to patrol properties or buildings and guide it against theft and vandalism. They also protect people. They can also be employed to conduct security checks , patrol properties, respond to alarms and also write security reports.
- Security officers: Security officers are not meant to work in one place, they work in various places. They secure offices, airports, hospitals, and government buildings. They also tend to monitor CCTV footage, and atimes incharge of responding to security incidents.
- Loss prevention officers: Loss prevention officers are incharge of protecting and preventing items from theft and fraud. They are highly skilled and intelligent so they might also be put in charge of conducting investigations, reviewing security footage, and even apprehending shoplifters.
- Armed guards: Armed guards are highly trained securities officers responsible for protecting people they are not usually seen unless it’s a serious threat, such as robbery and terrorism. They must be trained and also licensed to carry firearms.
- Security supervisors: Security supervisors are like high rank security workers. They oversee the work of security guards and officers. They are also in charge of giving directives and also responsible for training new employees and developing security policies and procedures.
Requirements For Security Jobs In Canada
The requirements is based on the type you are applying for, however here are the most common requirements.
- Canadian work permit or visa
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clean criminal record
- First aid and CPR certification
- Security training certificate
- Experience in the security industry
- How to Find Security Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Now that you have known the requirements needed, let’s quickly give you hints on how to apply for the job
How To Apply And Get A Security Job In Canada With Visa Sponsorship
We will be explaining two ways to get a security job in Canada with visa sponsorship. The first way is very important so please read carefully. It’s important to make sure your employer is willing to sponsor you for a work permit.
To get this kind of employer, you will need to sign up for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which is in a form of document that implies that there is a shortage of Canadian workers for the position you are applying for.
The second way is quite easy and reliable, all you need is to apply for a Canadian immigration program that allows you to work in Canada. You will need an immigration consultant or lawyer for this. Some of the programs you can apply for include the Express Entry system, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
Apply Now : Laundry Attendant Jobs In Canada
In summary, you will need to be well aware of your employer before you can hope for a free Visa, please read the above content carefully and contact us if you have any question.